Friday, December 27, 2013

My Influenster Holiday VoxBox!


I recently received my Holiday Voxbox from Influenster and I must say I am LOVING it! If you don't know, Influenster is a totally free website that sends out "boxes" (aka Voxboxes and what not) filled with goodies and products for you to try out and review! The more social networks you have to use to spread the word, the higher your "score" is and the higher score you have, the more products Influenster will send you! I love being a part of Influenster because I've received products that weren't even out on the market yet like the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara!

I was super excited when I opened up my Holiday Voxbox this time because the first thing I saw was a Skinny Cow box that was the same width and length of the box! It contains six (6) little chocolate treats and mine are filled with peanut butter creme! I'm not sure if everyone gets the same flavor but let me tell you, these are the bomb diggity! I've heard about Skinny Cow from my friend and tried out their caramel clusters, but these are sooo much better! They're basically like a healthier version of a Godiva chocolate (except I don't think Godiva makes chocolates filled with peanut butter filling?) - but they still taste just as good! The Holiday Voxbox also includes Ducktape with a floral Hawaiian type pattern (a little random for the holiday season but I don't mind because who doesn't need a good tape when wrapping presents right? :D), the NYC HD Color Trio Eye Shadow in Long Beach Sands (a nice set of neutrals), a packet of Puffs tissue (great for these colder days and my boyfriend who keeps getting the sniffles), and the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in 500 Luna. I definitely freaked out a bit when I saw the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer, which is also known as the Apocalypse Lip Lacquer in the UK, because so many UK beauty gurus have raved about this product and I've seen what great pigmentation and lasting power it has!! The color I received was more of a neutral shade and I would have liked the red shade, but hey it's free and I can't complain because I've been dying to try this product out since I heard about it. I'm pretty sure it was released in the US at least a month and a half ago but I could never find it when I went to CVS or Target or any other store for that matter /: That's why I'm so grateful and thankful that Influenster and Rimmel allowed me (and other Influensters) to have the opportunity to try out this product!! ^__^

Overall, I'm super duper happy with my 2013 Holiday Voxbox from Influenster. Makeup, chocolate, tissues (a must have in this cold winter time!), and Ducktape for wrapping presents - what more could a girl want? :) I would highly recommend anyone to try out Skinny Cow products if you haven't (they make ice cream bars and sandwiches in addition to chocolate snacks) because they're great for those of us sweet addicts trying to watch our calories. The Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer is also crazzzy good so def pick one up if you can get your hands on it, but the NYC HD Color Trio .. well let's just say after trying out Urban Decay and Smashbox shadows, it's hard to please me when it comes to eyeshadows. I think NYC is a great affordable line and has great nail polishes, but I've never been a fan of their eyeshadows or powders (had a bad experience with a mosaic powder that just completely shattered when I dropped it on CARPETED floor from a height of like 2 feet -_-) and the trio was no exception. The shadows just aren't as pigmented or soft as I would like them to be, but I definitely like the color appearance and idea because a girl can never have enough neutral palettes. I like using all the colors together to create my everyday natural look using the darkest shadow for my liner and the lightest for highlighting the inner corners and browbone and because they aren't as pigmented, they're more forgiving and easier to blend out haha! As for the Puffs tissue, I've been a long fan of Puffs brand tissues because they're always super soft and padded so they're great for those sick days because they won't make your nose all red and dry like the cheapo brands do after you've been blowing your nose all day.The little packets of Puffs are also just perfect to throw in my purse and take anywhere so I don't ever find in a situation where I don't have a tissue!

So that's my short take on the 2013 Holiday Voxbox. I hope you guys enjoyed or found this helpful and try out any of these products (hint hint GO TRY SKINNY COW IT'S SERIOUSLY AMAZING). Do you guys (I mean girls really) know any new products or foods that have come out this holiday that I should try? Please leave me a comment below on what I should try out next~! Love you all and hope you're having a wonderful holidays <3

No comments :

Post a Comment