Tuesday, March 14, 2017

New Lip Products (Kylie Jenner and Alexis Ren x ColourPop Collection) + Swatches!

Recently I've been getting more and more into lip products especially liquid lipsticks. They're so fun (the bold colors!) and last quite well throughout the day, even through meals (well if you get the right brand...  more to come on this!). I still need to work on staying inside of my lip lines especially since liquid lipsticks aren't as forgiving as a traditional lipstick. Anyways, Alexis Ren recently had a collaboration with Colourpop and released about 6 items in her collection. I picked up 4 of the 6 and thought I'd share a swatch of these along with 2 Kylie Jenner liquid lipsticks my sister got recently as well.
Find this and more fun shots on my Instagram!
 The 4 items I got from the Alexis Ren x Colourpop collection were:
-Pressed Powder Face Duo in Topaz ($15)
-Blotted Lip in Lexi and Deja Vu ($5 each)
-Ultra Satin Lip in Bare Necessities ($6)

The two Kylie Jenner matte liquid lipsticks my sister picked up were in the shade:
-Candy K (lip kit, $29): described as a warm pinky nude
-Kristen ($17): described as a warm brown berry

I swatched all the lip products on my hand down below. I also have included a swatch of Beeper, an ultra satin lip liquid lipstick from ColourPop which is said to be comparable to Kylie Jenner's matte liquid lipstick in Dolce (which unfortunately I don't have but there are lots of comparison photos online!)
Personally, I think the quality of the Kylie Jenner and Colourpop liquid lipsticks are pretty much the same. They both have the same lasting power (Colourpop may actually last a little bit longer through food) and have high pigmentation. The Kylie Jenner matte liquid lipsticks are significantly more expensive and have a buttercream/frosting scent to them so if you're not into that, I would avoid these. The Colourpop lippies are all (I have multiple other ones as well) unscented. Like all the liquid lipsticks I've tried, both brands' liquid lipsticks tend to dry down a little darker then when you first apply them so just a word of caution. I would advise not applying more than 1 or 2 layers of either liquid lipstick as that tends to make them more easily rub off/smear (I learned the hard way..). Neither brand makes my lips feel too dry but I would advise lip balm after a day's wear of any liquid lipstick. They both fade off throughout the day nicely and don't flake off like other brands.

I like both the Kylie Jenner colors in terms of wearability (easy to wear on an everyday basis) where as some of the Colourpp liquid lipsticks can be a bit too bold for everyday. Beeper is definitely a dark brown mauve-y color (as you can see in the swatch) which makes it less work-friendly but I suppose that depends on your field of work. Bare Necessities is a nice peachy pink color though I noticed it did seem to smear a little bit more easily than Beeper or my other liquid lipsticks from the regular Colourpop collection. Not sure if that's because they used a different formula or if I was just eating/drinking more the day I wore Bare Necessities but thought I might just throw that in. Bare Necessities also might not look good on every skin tone (I think if you're a little darker than a MAC NC30-35 it might not look as good but that's just my opinion/from what my sister noticed when she wore it as she is a tad darker than NC30-35).

Lexi and Deja Vu are really nice. Both color are easy to wear and you can build up the color intensity. They're very creamy like a classic lipstick. They're not too drying and are a good consistency that doesn't accentuate your lip creases. The swatches on my hand were about 3-4 strokes/rubs on my hand (to give you an understanding of the pigmentation). I like the packaging of all the Alexis Ren collection products. It's like nice and classy with the black and gold!

I think I'll update this with more photos of me actually wearing the products on my lips/face but for now, hope you enjoy the mini review/hope it helps you decide if you want to buy them or not!

No comments :

Post a Comment