Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Colgate® SlimSoft Toothbrush Review

Who here has heard of the Colgate SlimSoft toothbrush?! Oh wait.. ME~! Haha but no really, I don't know if this toothbrush has been released to the public but I actually received it from Influenster to test it out and here's my review on it~!

A general picture of what the toothbrush looks like (mine is actually a nice light pink color which I just love:D). As you can tell, the handle, as well as the tooth brush head, have a "slim" design that match its name.

The first thing I noticed about this toothbrush was.. the packaging. And I mean the packaging that held the toothbrush. It was a thin plastic covering, like most toothbrush packages, BUT I don't know if all toothbrushes come in a container like this but it was super hard to open! It had arrows to on the bottom end to push down to pop out the toothbrush but I had to press down super hard to get the toothbrush out! It really hurt my fingers to be honest, but I did eventually get it out so at least I didn't have to whip out my scissors like some of those impossible to open plastic packaging's.

Now onto the real toothbrush review. You can definitely tell it's a "slimsoft" toothbrush because the handle is super thin and the bristles on the toothbrush are also very thin. I don't mind the handle being thin - better thin than thick I suppose but not a big deal. I do enjoy the bristles being thin though because I feel like it actually helps get into the tiny cracks between my teeth. Plus they're super soft, not like the hard ones you get from other toothbrushes or at hotels, which is great for people with sensitive teeth.

Overall, I think this toothbrush is a pretty nice brush and does leave my teeth feeling extra clean, but if you have one that isn't old or doesn't need replacing, then I'd just hold off on this toothbrush until then.

---------------------------UPDATE 2/1/2014--------------------------------

After using this toothbrush for quite some time now (just about 4 months), I have to say I've had a change of heart. While I initially did not notice a huge difference in the toothbrush, when I went back home (and left my Slimsoft toothbrush at my apartment) and used my old toothbrush, I noticed such a difference! It's strange how before I could even use such a stiff, hard, and firm toothbrush because it felt like it wasn't getting into all the nitty gritty cracks of my teeth and it actually hurt brushing my teeth with my old toothbrush! I know it sounds weird but I guess that's really what a difference the fine bristles of the Colgate Slimsoft make! I know I can definitely recommend this toothbrush to my friends with sensitive teeth now but really for anyone. I was lucky enough to receive a few more of the toothbrushes which I, immediately, gave to my parents to use because I wanted them to experience the difference! While I do uphold that you don't HAVE to rush out of your front door and toss your old toothbrush this instant, I would definitely suggest you check the Slimsoft toothbrush the next time you go to the store to buy a new one (which by the way, you're supposed to switch toothbrushes every 3 months!). I promise you won't regret it! ^__^

No comments :

Post a Comment