Sunday, April 6, 2014

Revealing my UniVoxBox from Influenster!

Okay we all know how much I (and a million other people) love Influenster and you can't blame us! I love being able to try out the latest new products even when it's not makeup. I always get these useful things that I would have never thought to try out but I always end up totally loving! This time I was lucky enough to receive the UniVoxBox which contained all these little goodies to prep a girl for college (hence the "Uni" name!). In my box, I found the following lovely items:
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
  • Playtex® Sport® Fresh Balance™ tampons
  • Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure
  • Pilot Acroball Pure White Pen
  • Red Rose Real Tea Premium Water Enhancers
  • NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color (in Fushia Fashion)
So of course I need to share my opinion on all of these products, but in no way was I paid or told to say what I'm going to say cause well.. I'm not that good first of all (haha!) and because that wouldn't be fair to you guys .. making you buy bad products?! I wouldn't want that for myself or for anyone so I promise my review are 100% my opinion and full honesty~!

Let's start with my favorite... (can you guess?) .. the Stay Matte foundation by Rimmel London! Woot woot! I've been loving so many products from Rimmel London like their Kate Moss lipsticks (they smell good and have great pigmentation and are super smooth!), pencil liners (comparable to the Urban Decay 24/7 liners - no kidding!), and their Scandal Eyes mascara (just got it and I'm loving it!). The Rimmel London Stay Flawless foundation was actually the first foundation I ever bought because I remember Michelle Phan saying what great coverage it had. If you go on my Youtube channel and check out my older videos, you'll see me using it! I loved that foundation (although after some time I noticed it did oxidize a bit on me) but this Stay Matte one is even better! It goes on super smooth and is so easy to blend into your skin. It gives medium to full coverage without being too cakey looking and gives me a flawless MATTE (hence the name) finish. Even if you have dry skin, this is okay because of the mousse texture and it's great for oily skin because it dries down to a matte finish. If you have super oily skin though you probably will want to still use a translucent oil absorbing powder, but otherwise, I can get away without powdering! I would highly recommend you guys to try this foundation if you're looking for a great drugstore foundation (and it's not just me who's loving it, I've heard a ton of Youtubers talk about how great this foundation is!).

Moving on, I was excited to see the Pilot Acroball pens because all of my pens seem to just be dying or disappearing on me (oh my diminishing free pen supply Q.Q) and these are wayy better than all of my other ones. The ink comes out really smoothly and I love Pilot pens in general so I couldn't complain really! As for the Playtex Sport Fresh Balence tampons, well.. isn't this a strange topic haha. It's hard to really review a tampon although.. I guess if you've ever seen those 25 cent ones in public restrooms, you'd know that the ones you buy are definitely of higher quality haha. Playtex is my go to brand for buying my sanitary products (is that the correct term?) and these ones don't fail my expectations. They do the job and go in and out fine (okay maybe that's a bit awkward haha) so I'll definitely be buying these once I run out!

As for the Red Rose Real Tea Premium Water Enhancer (what a mouthful... or typful..or letterful? LOL), I'd actually never heard of the brand or really the product itself. I mean I know there are ton of water enhancers out there, but the thing is that I loveee water. I don't really understand it when people say water is too bland or boring because I find water to be refreshing! I mean when I'm thirsty, it's water I'm craving! Not juice or sodas (I actually can't drink soda because I can't handle the gas.. TMI probably but it's true) or milk or what not.. WATER! But I know there are tons of people out there who like their fruity drinks and sodas so I can understand the appeal of water enhancers for us weight-conscious girls and guys out there (sigh oh the struggles of loving food and trying to not be fat Q.Q). I like the flavor this adds to my water and it's nice since it's a tea flavor but since I can just add it to my cold water and I don't have to steep it in hot water like normal tea bags, it's perfect for any hot spring or summer day.

Another product I hadn't really had much experience with was the Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure. These were all the rage for a bunch of nail companies a little while back and the idea of it was super cool but I didn't bother picking any up because I didn't think they would fit my nail right or wouldn't look right. However, my friend had got some for free with a nail polish purchase and tried it out on me and I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't specifically tried the Broadway nail brand press-ons so these were my first pair and they turned out to be super nice! They went on well and easily and fit my nails quite nicely. They also stayed on for some time and didn't fall off so that was quite nice too.I guess the only downside is that you can't "trim" the size down since they're plastic so it might get annoying if you don't like your nails that long!

Lastly, the NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color in Fuschia Fashion! All these products have such long names haha my fingers are getting tired! Anyways, this lip color was definitely a bit out there for me. I'm usually a "my lips but better" girl or on my especially daring days I'll go with my red lip butter (I love Candy Apple by Revlon) but fuschia pink .. definitely a new color for me. But I was quite pleased with the way it turned out! It actually didn't look super scary on me and it's definitely perfect for spring and summer! I like pairing this with crop tops and high-waisted shorts or flowy sheer tops because it really just adds to the cool "summer" vibe ^__^ The lip formula is also decent and doesn't settle into my fine lines and the packaging is actually quite nice for NYC!


Okay enough of my rambling and I hope you guys enjoyed this mini review on all the products. Once again I have to thank Influenster for letting me try out these products and share my thoughts with you guys because it gives me something to blog about (haha!) but yea! Have a wonderful day everyone and talk to you soon ~<3

No comments :

Post a Comment