Monday, February 23, 2015

Manicure Monday x Get the [Nail] Look: It's Gold, Baby!

Hey everyone! I decided to do another "Get the [Nail] Look" because Pinterest just has so many amazing inspiration nail looks so I might as well show all of you wondering how to get similar nail looks! This week's is pretty simple because I was feeling a little lazy but I love how elegant it still looks. I didn't have the right shade of coral with me (ugh there are just too many shades of pink and coral and red that I don't have!) but what I used seemed to work fine enough.

The taupe I ended up using was a lot more cool toned and next time I think I'll use another one of my taupe polishes that comes off more brown and warmer like in the photo. However, since I didn't have a coral and used a pink color, I think the cool toned taupe looked just as nice.
Nail Polishes used:
-Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel in Cafe Pink
-Milani Jewel FX Nail Lacquer in Gold 531
-L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Color Nude Privee Collection in It's Now or Never
-OPI Spotlight on Glitter Nail Lacquer in I Reached My Gold

I actually used another gold glitter polish which is much finer than the Milani nail polish (which you can tell in the photos) and layered the OPI glitter top coat over it to create a more dimensional effect. However, the finer gold glitter polish I used is by Covergirl and it's super old because it was before they game out with the square shaped nail polishes that they have now and I can't seem to find it online so yea :( But most brands carry a gold glitter polish so it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement if you don't want to use the Milani one (which is a much larger glitter particle size but definitely still awesome).
I am seriously in need of a coral nail polish so if you guys have any suggestions on an amazing coral color (like the one in that picture), please let me know! :) Or send me pictures of looks you want me to recreate!

No comments :

Post a Comment